Under $50,000 damage in small fire at Cavalier Tool | Windsor Star
Windsor Fire Services were called to Cavalier Tool & Manufacturing Ltd., on Wednesday night after a heater caught fire and the outbuilding where it was located filled with some smoke.
Chief Fire Prevention Officer John Lee said employees were briefly evacuated for precautionary reasons, but the fire in the separate building was quickly put out. The production area of the plant was unaffected.
“It wasn’t much, some smoke when the unit caught fire itself,” Lee said. “It’s under $50,000 in damage.
“Because it was in a separate building, there was no loss of production.”
The fire call came in hours after company officials, employees and local politicians celebrated the formal opening of a $9-million state-of-the-art expansion at the mould-making plant.
click here to read more.